Friday, November 09, 2007

Tales of Adventure: Finalist #4





This story of an adventure that went horribly wrong earned the "Don't Try This At Home" award. (I shortened it a little bit. Hope you don't mind!)

Hello my name is Claire Maine-inn, which is an anagram for my real name. My friend MK, which is short for Mary Kathryn, and I went over to our friend Jackii’s house a couple of years ago to stay the night. She lives one block from an old high school. So we all planned to sneak over to the school after her Dad and step-mom went to sleep because her cousin had told her that strange things happen at night over there and that was why they closed the school. I told her that he was trying to scare her and that why would they close a school for something that happens during the night, but she was determined to go. So all of us dress in black outfits and put our stuff in a dark purple gym bag that Jackii had in her closet. We brought a flashlight, three scarves to use in case of asbestos, a cell phone, a telephone book to keep the door from locking, and an old I-pod that MK had so we could find our way back.

When we got over to the school we went to the front, which was locked of course. We tried two more doors and decided to go through an open or broken window. We couldn’t find an open window but we found a broken window and broke it more to get in. We started to walk around the school. First we went to the gym and looked around but didn’t see much so we went to the locker rooms. When we first walked in I heard something, and MK said do you hear a shower running? So we looked around and found showers but they were old and off except one but it was hardly on. Jackii said well that was probably the sound MK why don’t you turn it off. MK said no I don't wanna why won't you or Claire do it? Fine I'll do it if you stop fighting I said.

I walked over and turned it to the right and it turned on and was spitting out dirty water. We all screamed and ran out. Let’s go somewhere else said Jackii. Most of the classrooms were the same, empty except for a few things like old papers and books. One of the doors we tried to open would not open. I said hey bet there is something in there why don't we break it and get in? Jackii said no that would be vandalizing. So we lifted Jackii up because she is smallest. We asked her if she seen anything. Not really it's dusty up here she answered so MK said break the window then. She pushed it in with her hand carefully and we could hear it crack then fall in.

What do you see we asked Jackii. She said push me higher, I think I see something in here. It looks big. Toss me over so I can get in. So we tossed Jackii over the other side. She screamed as she fell over and landed with a sickening crack she started screaming and crying. So MK pulled out her cell phone and dialed 911. We told them where we were and what happened, and they came over fast. They were able to open the door, and when they did we saw Jackii crying on the floor, her arm bent at a odd angle with a bunch of blood on it. Jackii said when she hit the floor she slipped on the glass and broke her arm. The police asked us what we were doing in the school, and we told them we wanted to see if it was haunted. They told us that we shouldn't go around this school and that there's a reason they lock up the doors. They called all of our parents. We were in trouble for a long time after that and Jackii wasn't allowed to have sleepovers for three months. She is all better now and the doctors said that it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

The only thing I could never figure out was what happened to the big thing in the room. When they opened the door, the class was empty except for Jackii and she says she doesn't remember seeing anything.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

luved the story

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool story! I hope Jackii got a lot of neat people (like the Irregulars!) to sign her cast.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Ariana said...

That was A great story! I like the picture too. It looks like the inside of the school near my house.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great story. you're lucky you made it out of there alive!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hate to sound like a broken record but Great Story!!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Jackii did get a lot of people to sign her cast but none as cool as the Irregulars

10:32 PM  
Blogger Spring said...

I loved the story! I might have nightmares for a while though...

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOOO

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home