Friday, November 30, 2007

Inflatable Monsters








Artist Jason Hackenwerth uses ordinary balloons to create enormous sculptures that resemble bizarre, often nightmarish creatures. His monsters have graced the Great Hall of Dinosaurs at the Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History, mingling with the dinosaurs in an exhibit called "The Revenge of the Megadon." For parade and parties, Hackenwerth designed the Megamite (shown above), an anemone-like beast that fires off the balloon missiles whenever it gets excited.

If only he would decorate my next party!

See more photos here.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

COOOL!! I WANT ONE!!! so clever

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He should decorate the KS convention

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ananka, I am officially in love with you! I would travel to a child-eating country for a KS convention if I had to! New York is my favorite place in the world, I'm up for going there! Plus, my aunt lives there! Maybe we could have it at the STRAND or RIZZOLI on thr second floor! What dyou think?:) Thank you for saying yes!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... and they WEAR them? Wouldn't you suffocate?

9:04 PM  
Blogger International Mastermind said...

So much color...ART!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in california thogh! I want there to be a weat coast convention..........

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if he gives lessons...

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home