Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Irregulars Salute: Mayor Michael Bloomberg!





The Irregulars would like to extend an honorary membership to New York's very own mayor (and terrorist groundhog victim), Michael Bloomberg!

For years, New Yorkers have been detecting an unusual odor in the air. From time to time, the sweet smell of maple syrup has wafted through our neighborhoods, frightening many and causing pancake sales to skyrocket.

What's the source of the mysterious scent? There have been countless theories involving everything from government conspiracies to bug spray. (Though only the Irregulars know the REAL story.) But now Mayor Bloomberg has finally offered a credible answer. We applaud his detective work (and his awesome map, shown below), despite the fact that he got it all wrong. (But when in doubt, it never hurts to blame New Jersey!)

Watch the Mayor explain it all here. Then check out The Columbia Conspiracy for the truth!


22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...when in doubt, it never hurts to blame New Jersey..."

BWAHAHA!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Air is Where said...

ewwww. they put that stuff in our food?

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha

6:56 PM  
Blogger Ren @ All By Myshelf said...

How many honorary Irregulars are there?

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how cool! that smell has been around forever!

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New Jersey, huh? Somehow I'm not remotely surprised by this.

8:33 PM  
Blogger andalucy said...

Yeah, I heard that today on NPR. The mayor's espanol is pretty good, if a bit lilting.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...
I'm from New Jersey...
...


._.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Kirsten Miller said...

IDHSCB: No offense!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

It's okay IDHSCB, I'm from NJ too. ^^' But I actually agree with this report! The food manufacters n NJ add alot of weird stuff in our food... Peanutbutter in the Pah-tai was the cause of the salmonella for me XD Who knew people use PEANUTBUTTER in Tai food?? [rofl] But atleast the "maple syrup" mystery was solved! [btw, where in NY smells like maple syrup?]

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love maple syrup. It's so much better than "pancake syrup." But I wouldn't want to smell it 24/7.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like coco pancakes

9:27 PM  
Blogger Irregular Kiki said...

I bring you peace

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i luv ur blog irregular kiki!
I am the school weirdo too!

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's some scary stuff, man.School weirdo is so offence.Rare is more like it.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Invisible Turtle said...

Hey, I'm from New Jersey! Oh well. I can't wait for tomorrow!

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Mayor's so much more cooler than mine. Sigh.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your talk today Kirsten! I wish I could be there!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People thought it was a terrorist attack. But what kind of Al-Quaeda terrorist uses "scented" bombs???

4:54 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

Oh durn! I can't believe I missed the Kiki Strike convention!! D< Ah well, there's next year

7:26 PM  
Blogger libhom said...

Staten Island Chuck is a hero for all New Yorkers. He bit our worst mayor since Jimmy Walker.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE NJ! xD and sweets, including maple syrup. xD I also remember vaguely the columbia conspiracy... I will have to re read it...

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home