Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Groundhog Tries to Eat New York's Mayor!





(Above: The vicious attack! Photo by Irving Silverstein for the Staten Island Advance.)

THIS IS WHY I DON'T TRUST GROUNDHOGS! As you may recall from last year's Groundhog Day post, I consider groundhogs to be nothing more than evil, overgrown squirrels. Now I have proof.

Yesterday, New York's dear Mayor Bloomberg paid a visit to Staten Island Chuck (aka: Charles G. Hogg), the city's own weather-predicting rodent. But instead of offering his forecast and allowing the mayor to go his merry way, the nasty little fur ball decided to have a taste of hizzoner.

Thank goodness our mayor is blessed with superhuman speed. He managed to yank his finger back before the beast could unhinge its jaw and swallow him whole. (Okay, I made that part up.)

After the attack, Mayor Bloomberg was seen sporting a bandage on one finger. But all he would say to the terrified reporters was, “Given the heightened response against terrorism, and clearly in this case a terrorist rodent who could very well have been trained by Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, I’m not at liberty to say any more."

Read about it all here.

(PS: The nasty little rodent DID NOT see his shadow. And yet it's snowing like crazy right now. Like I said: DON'T TRUST GROUNDHOGS.)

21 Comments:

Blogger Ren @ All By Myshelf said...

Cute and evil. I like it! XD

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy. Roasted NY mayor! JK.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Ha-ha!

Evil disugised as cute in innocent.

THEY ARE WATCHING US!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's going to be winter where I live no matter what, so I don't care if he sees his shadow or not.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, in MT we always have winter for like a MONTH longer than everyone else. And that groundhog sort of reminds me of my friend's hamster, who will bite her so hard she drops him and then he runs away and hides somewhere.

7:25 PM  
Blogger falcon said...

Bad giant squirrel!!

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*The Cat in the Closet*
You know, I never thought of it before, but now that I think of it, Groundhogs really do have the power to rule the world! They're cute but evil, people trust their judgement, and apparently they are fearless, as the NYC one tried to eat the mayor. So here's a message to Obama: Keep a special eye on groundhogs. They might become terrorists.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Air is Where said...

groundhogs aren't as evil as alarm clocks or tv. speaking of evil rodents...
http://daisyfae.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/groundhog_attackk.jpg

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its crazy we haven't got much snow in years but this year we have had tons for us and lots of cold weather. the wind chill is in the negatives (farenheit)!

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...
Your mayor has a sense of humor! Kool!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Irregular Kiki said...

Haha! Imagine that cute thing swallowing a person! =)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Irregular Kiki said...

Okay I know this is totally random.. but has anybody watched the movie 'Stargate'? It was made in, I think, 1994 or something. But I watched it just a few days ago and I think it rocks! (I love space and I love Egypt)

Please tell me if anybody else has watched it! I totally love it!!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, watch out for the terrorist groundhog…

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“He was basically concentrating on his food,” Ms. Montalvo said. “The mayor’s fingers may have just been there. He wasn’t necessarily going for the mayor.” That's what you think.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The groundhog had no comment.

Ha!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

I feel sorry for the mayor... Oo'

12:05 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

Btw, how much snow is in NY? It's about 3 or 5 inches here ^^'

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about -5 inches here.








I hate the tropics.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are right. ground hogs are evil happy "evil squirrel"day:)

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Groundhogs. Are. Evil. One of these days they'll take over the world.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wooow..... At my Mom's house we have a garden and ground hogs like to eat all of our root vegetables and they aren't scared of people at all...

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home