Thursday, January 03, 2008

Shopping in the Twilight Zone





In 2005, a Prada store showed up in the desert outside of Marfa, Texas. It's still there today, though it's never sold a single pair of shoes. It just sits on the side of a lonesome highway, beckoning passersby with its pretty lights and unattainable leather goods.

After a great deal of speculation on the part of the Internet community, the Prada store was revealed to be the work of two German artists, who were clearly making a point about the nature of fashion. Whatever they were trying to say . . . I love it! Imagine driving through the desert at midnight and coming across this bizarre store. How fabulous would that be?

More info and pictures here.


12 Comments:

Blogger Kitty said...

That is soo cool!!! I really wanna visit that store!!

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is cool and random!!! Randomness is very good.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That just made my day. fashion is everywhere, its saying PRADA IS GOOD, SPEND YOUR DINERO HERE...how can you refuse its beckoning call?

3:14 PM  
Blogger Spring said...

I so want to be the first person to buy something from that store!

4:59 PM  
Blogger International Mastermind said...

Hmmm...
Maybe that is saying, "Some people go too far for fashion."

Yeah, I doubt it though. That would be awesome! Are the items as pricey as normal Prada?

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! Though I've never heard of Prada before...
IM, I think that might be exactly the point. :)

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if they're actually open for business since it's obvious they're destined to never sell anything :P :)

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would luv to see that I like Prada

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are there people at the store to actually sell the shoes, etc?

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patsee: No. It's never open for business.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that is VERY random, but why open it if its never open? I wonder where it is though.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO WEIRD!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home