Monday, December 17, 2007

The Dessert Truck is Coming!!!





(Photo by Richard J. Velasco for New York Magazine)

THIS is the perfect example of why New York is the greatest place on Earth. It's one of the only cities in the US where you can eat like a queen without ever picking up a pan or sitting down in a restaurant. Fact is, you can buy almost anything from a truck here--hotdogs, ceviche, soup, tacos, gyros, smoothies . . . and now extremely tasty gourmet desserts.

The other day I was walking home when I spotted the van shown above parked about a block from my house. Of course I HAD to stop. Who could pass by the Dessert Truck without taking a peek at the menu? I ended up ordering one of the best chocolate dishes I've ever sunk my teeth into.

Today, New York magazine has a short piece on the Dessert Truck, which is run by two young roommates--one a chef and the other a business student. I applaud them for what they've added to the city--and possibly to my waistline.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(first comment!) Yuuuuuum. Yum yum. Chocolate!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummmm.....chocolate! now i KNOW New York City is the place for me!i so want to live there!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Spring said...

YUM!

2:14 PM  
Blogger LittleChar said...

chocolate..chocolate...chocolate, good lord I am starving at the moment

3:05 PM  
Blogger LittleChar said...

and yes Maddi, I feel NY is inevitably THE place for any devout follower of Kiki

3:05 PM  
Blogger International Mastermind said...

Chocolate is the meaning of life. Or perhaps the reason people live, to eat the chocolate. What ev.
My mind is melting! I swear. Do I not sound unusual???

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAME ANANYMOUS
_________________
COCO.=LIFE

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES! Chocolate is good................

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate is the secret to relaxation. No, seriously! Picture this:
You are very stressed out. Nothing is going right. Suddenly you remember you still have a chocolate bar from Halloween. Already, things are looking up. You sit down on the rug and put it in your mouth. Oops! You wanted it so badly you forgot to unwrap it. You do that. As soon as it's in your mouth, your troubles begin to float away on chocolate colored clouds. You know exactly how to solve that math problem, you think of a design for a shelving unit that would keep your room neat, and you know exactly how to remember those French verbs. Say aaaaaaaahhh...
Or something like that, anyway. At least it tastes good!

4:49 PM  
Blogger International Mastermind said...

You know, I may try that for my math. I am TRYING not to fail it this term.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hazel: Tee hee!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hazel and Nellie: I'm so impressed by how well you guys get along. How many years are there between you?

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please i am begging you stop aerial hunting of wolves in alaska more about this on the giant rats of indonesia post! please, help them!!!!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two years: Hazel's 13 and I'm 11.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummmmmm. I can ear my tummy rumbling for the chocolate and delcious desrts. New York looks cool. I wish we had different trucks with tasty things.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Forrester said...

Desert trucks, bookstores,and great(so I've heard)Chinese food! New York is the place for me!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home