Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'll Have More to Say on the Subject of Hamsters Soon

UPDATE #2: Even bigger thanks to deepasm for sending me a link to the crazy hamster video without the soundtrack! ENJOY!!!



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

UPDATE: Thanks to Russian-speaking reader deepasm, I have discovered that the video I posted here contains colorful language. To put it mildly. (I should have known.) If you listened closely, you might have learned every Russian curse word. Now I'll admit, I've also been known to curse when attacked by wild hamsters. But I hope no Russian readers were offended by the language in the video. (Which was apparently, really, REALLY colorful.) So I'm trying to do one of the following: disable audio on the original video, find a new video, or post screen shots. Back to you soon!

In the meantime, please enjoy my favorite poem.



(Thank you, deepasm!! I didn't post your translation for obvious reasons, but I am forever in your debt!)

But I wanted to post this video right away. One of the many great things about Russia? Wild hamsters.

I may be ready to share my blog improvements soon! Cross your fingers. My computer is about 100 years old, and it's very temperamental.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Ari the Awesome said...

I used to have gerbils a few years ago. I liked them way better than hamsters. However, this hamster is pretty cute, if not a little freaky.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you know hamsters are cannibals? an acquaintance of mine told me that her friend used to have hamsters. one of them died while she was on vacation. when she came back, she found that the other hamsters had eaten the dead one's body.
and no, i'm not kidding.
on the subject of hamsters, you posted a poem a while back about hamsters that was written by a little boy (who didn't seem to like hamsters much).

4:53 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

It looks like it's in some kind of ninja pose at 1:03! lol

5:20 PM  
Blogger montana irregulars said...

What kind of rodents are in the next Kiki strike??

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had a pet hamster, a pet rat, and a pet mouse. I preferred the rat -- it was more social, and bit a LOT less than the other two. Also, it was easier to handle. The rat took a particular joy in tormenting the family dog -- who outweighed it about thirty times.

Of course the whole situation wasn't helped by a certain eleven year old who showed the rat new ways to torment the family dog.

Robert in San Diego (who also remmebers dyeing the dog's paws and tail tips after we'd finished the Easter eggs).

8:54 PM  
Blogger Some Lost Melody said...

Dude that is a VICIOUS hamster DDD:

8:55 PM  
Blogger TheMog said...

Ah, yes... Saw that video a couple of months ago and fell in love. I wish it were possible to have hordes of raving lunatic hamsters roving the streets of my home town.

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In favor of "evil" hamsters, I have to, in all justice, assert I'm pretty sure neither my rat nor my mouse would have stowed away in the back pocket of a cycling jersey when I went for a very long ride once.

Fortunately I was with other people, because it's really embarrassing to try to buy water at a convenience store and pull out Hamlet the Hamster instead of a wallet....

Robert in San Diego

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is the video without the «soundtrack». It can be embedded in your blog just like those from Youtube.

12:43 PM  
Blogger MushroomCloud said...

i was once bitten by a guinea pig. it ruptured a blood vessel and caused an infection and i cant stand them. even if theyre not hamsters, all little furry things are rabid

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha! I kicked a rat across the sidewalk on my way to the subway this morning. Anyone who was in NYC knows it was VERY slippery in the streets and I looked like i was doing some old-timey cartoon dance in the street. on one of those moments, I was slipping down the street, and a rat was sliding in my path and I kicked it with my flailing legs and it slid down into an underground store-front (that's what i call them, where you go in from a set of stairs on the street leading down) and disappeared.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

E evil hamsters over run my house
Vile little creautres
Icky
Little rising from the frave
hamters hamtsers we love hamsters!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home