Monday, January 10, 2011

I Hate Snow



(Above: A lighthouse in Ohio, completely encased in ice.)

I'm going on the record. Yeah, I know it's pretty (for a little while). But I'm sick to death of snow. Did you hear about the blizzard that hit New York the day after Christmas? (Yes, I know it hit other places, too.) It took THREE DAYS for the city to plow the street in front of my house. And thanks to Brooklyn's dog population, most of the snow was neon yellow by the time it was finally cleared away.

Now there's another snow storm headed in our direction. My parents, who live down south, just had 18 inches dumped on their doorstep. (I'm glad you're enjoying it, EQ.) I can't even imagine what's in store for New York.

OK, Canadians, this is your chance to tell me that I'm being a ninny. (Goodness knows I got enough grief when I posted about the Brooklyn tornado.)

Oh well, maybe I'll just go outside and make an "Oscar-worthy video" (see below).


Idiot With A Tripod from Gothamist on Vimeo.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering the way drivers around here go nuts when the roads are slightly damp, I consider it a blessing we don't get rain along the coast. However, if I go about forty miles east, I can expect being in the middle of white stuff. At least sometimes, anyway.

And when it really rains, the streets flood. Nothing quite like riding a bike and having to adjust the steering to account for the current.

Get your sweaters ready, Kirsten!

Robert in San Diego

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Zelia said...

And how about some brain melting-skin burning 100.4F (38C) degrees?

6:30 AM  
Anonymous DefyingDancer said...

I LOVE snow. Considering how today is our second snowfall of the school year, (NO SCHOOL!!) I'm fine with it... (also, considering how our first one was on Christmas Eve!)I'm fine with the snow... It's also the only think I LIKE about winter (besides the holidays!)

9:26 AM  
Blogger montana irregulars said...

I'm tired of the cold!! it's -5 here right now and it was -20 last night..... ):

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Clare said...

Snow is great when you get out and ski!! (Or sled or ice skate or sleep in an igloo). Just come up to Vermont! (We also have some great bookstores, if that intrigues you).

6:03 PM  
Blogger The 355 said...

Haha eye roll. I live in NJ and we got it! I'm not partially fond of the snow myself! Snow in the south! O.o I'm going to north Carolina for my birthday this weekend! Looks like Jess and I are having a snowball fight! It could be worse two years ago we got a terrible snow storm in October. We were stuck in school long after school ended! ( my dad and neighbor rescued us after they ran out of Simpson videos) we had no power for two days others for longer. So be like Kiki strike and be strong! ^.^
Amanda

6:04 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

With so much snow, makes me wonder where global warming is XD But it's pretty... All the sparkly snow I guess

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Aria the Cellist said...

DefyingDancer- I agree, I love snow too. I live in Arizona and it is currently about 80 degrees all day. In the summer they say it might reach 120!
Not looking forward to that.
Aria

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in vancouver and today was the third snow and third melt of this winter.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous EQ said...

The first night it snowed here, it was almost as bright as day. My dad took a photo and showed it to my aunt, who asked if he'd used artificial lighting--it was that bright. Something to do with reflectiveness. I imagine it will make it harder to sneak around, but then again it also seems to muffle sounds...

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Hazel said...

You're being a ninny. (But we love you anyway.)

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home