Friday, October 24, 2008

A Visual Encyclopedia of Street Artists











I just came across this awesome list of "40+ Street Artists You Should Know Besides Banksy." Some, like Blu, have been featured in this blog. And a lot of the work can be found around New York. But many of the artists were new to me, too!

My favorites? JR, (top). This work is only a few blocks from my house, and I have to say it's absolutely beautiful. I also like Thundercut's walk/don't walk signs (middle). And I could never forget Swoon (bottom), one of New York's most amazing street artists.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey when is the third book coming???I hope it comes out soon!!!!!!!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Ren @ All By Myshelf said...

The mermaid on the walk/don't walk sign was kind of funny.
KidMeowKitty brought up a good question. When is the third Kiki Strike supposed to come out? What's it called? What is it about?

*coughvisitmyblogcough*

3:54 PM  
Blogger Thumb Biter said...

OMG I always see the one at the top and it always freaks me out, lol.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Orchid said...

The last picture was awesome, in a kind of weird way. I also thought the the mermaid walk/don't walk sign was pretty cool.
When does the third Kiki Strike book come out?

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beyond fabulous! One of the best posts and thats saying something!

6:54 PM  
Blogger falcon said...

Some of them were really good, some of them were more tagging than intresting stuff. Most of them were really cool though!

8:04 PM  
Blogger liltomboyblue11;) said...

That's so cool! I'm in a really funny mood from watching to much anime....

10:13 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

Haha, I get what you mean Liltomboyblue11!!! XD I ge those funny feeing too after watcing an anime. Mostly, I get really hyper.. ^^'

Anyways, I think they're all really good... lolz

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loooove graffiti... its a cool way of expressing yourself

8:17 PM  
Blogger liltomboyblue11;) said...

Kitty: Definetely. It makes me seem crazy... >_<

10:37 PM  
Blogger Persephone said...

MY favorites were Knowhope and Elbowtoe, probably because they somehow reminded me of Edward Gorey's work.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home