Thursday, September 04, 2008

Wild Planet





Above: A family of bobcats has taken over a house in Southern California that was abandoned because of the foreclosure crisis.

A part of the Indian Ocean the size of Connecticut has been glowing in the dark for several nights in a row. Though the glow has been described in books such as "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea," this is the first time the phenomenon (known as a "milky sea") has been captured on satellite.

In the great state of North Carolina, a man and his granddaughter recently caught a record-sized catfish using only a pink plastic Barbie rod and reel.

Who needs a compass? All you need to know where you're going is . . . a cow. Studies have shown that 60 to 70% of the time, cows graze in a north/south pattern.

The price of rat meat has skyrocketed in Cambodia.

Planning any home renovations? If so, I recommend installing a "Fish 'n Flush," the world's #1 toilet aquarium (shown below).


14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

**First comment** I love the toilet!!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Ariana said...

I just might go out and buy a barbie fishing rod. ^_^

3:31 PM  
Blogger Undiscovered Universe said...

Hi everyone! This is Sekrit7, I just got bored of my old name and decided to change it! I do that a lot.... Also, please check out my new blog! I promise not to abandon it like before!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.demelzahill.com/snapanddine.htm

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fish-and-flush always kind of scared me... I know it doesn't hurt the fish, but still...

9:36 PM  
Blogger Irregular Kiki said...

Poor fish. Must be smelly in there.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

I agree with you Irregular Kiki XD Reminds me of a fish I had... Two of them turned suicidal one after another...

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that fish-and-flush is kind of like living next to your own grave if you think about it...

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both my fish have ich. Ick.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WANT THAT TOILET!!!!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that toilet sure does look cool, but what if the fish accidently got flushed?!?

2:46 PM  
Blogger falcon said...

I caught a catfish on a barbie pole once... not a big one though

6:56 PM  
Blogger liltomboyblue11;) said...

That's crazy... BOBCATS TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! sorry....

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Forrester said...

in S.C i used to catch 3 foot gar on a kiddie pole. love the toilet!!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home