Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Anger Release Machine








I'm sure you'll agree that, whenever one's in a bit of a snit, there's nothing quite so satisfying as hurling a piece of fine china against the nearest wall. However, if the china one smashes belongs to someone other than oneself (grandmother, uncle, exceptionally prissy cousin), the satisfaction will not last very long.

Fortunately, artist Yarisa Kublitz has found a solution to this dilemma. She's created the world's first "Passive Aggressive Vending Machine." All you do is insert a few coins, and you receive a piece of quality china, which you're free to smash into smithereens. (If I ever find this machine, I'm choosing the cat.)

I tip my hat to Yarisa Kublitz: a true humanitarian/master of destruction, and I highly recommend a visit to the artist's website for some first-class smashing and crashing!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*first (or possibly second) comment dance*

One would think that the figurines would break on the way to the bottom of the machine.

10:36 AM  
Blogger liltomboyblue11;) said...

that's what i though to, but it's still genius.... i finally have a solution to my angers.......

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want the cat to keep it for ever!!
How CUTE!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

I sooo wanna do that! XD

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one of those caats it is called lucky cat the story is pretty intresting and they say once you see the cat it will start poping up everywhere

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think FN would like that!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>.< sweet! i could really use that. I would choose the blue vase. how much do you pay, though? if it's like, 1 dollar, thats rad (how much would one dolla be in other countries? china? australia? russia?) but if its like 5 dolla, thats too much. if in wanted ti smash a vase, i would want to do it cheapley.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Awesome solution for aggression... I know a couple of people who could use that. xD Myself included.

Ditto Patsee's thought.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I read the website and here's what happens:
You don't actually get the piece of china, which you could then smash (too dangerous), you simply pay, and then watch it fall to the bottom and smash...

Hope that clarifies, Patsee. :)

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

INEEDTHISRIGHTNOW.I'MMADANDANNOYED.PFFT.HEISNTGOINGTOUNPLUGTHESTUPIDCOMPUTER.SOSTOPYELLINGATME!!!SERIOUSLY.IMEANIT.INEEDTOSMASHSOMETHING.THERESACHANCETHATITMAIGHTBE

2:19 AM  
Blogger Random Irregular said...

Awesome!
I've seen that there's a bag available, which kind of looks like a baby carry bag, in which you scream into if you are angry.

Oooooh. SO you don't smash, the machine smashes it for you. I'll hurl a shoe to release my 'demons' then. Muwahaha.

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patsee and Raph, I bet the artist padded the bottom of the machine ... I have a few wedding gifts (a la happy cat), I'd happily donate to the project :P

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh i need need need one of those for my mom sometimes . . .
and another one for my sisters . . .
he he he

7:49 PM  
Blogger Irregular Kiki said...

If I bought that thing because I was angry, I wouldn't be able to smash it. I mean, you pay money for it and it's just hard to throw your money against the wall.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home