Friday, November 19, 2010

Amp Up Your Test Scores





A while back, I came across an article that listed a few study habits that are guaranteed to help a student improve her grades. For instance . . .

Don't study in the same place all the time. Get up and move around. It will help you absorb more information.

Don't focus on a single subject each time you sit down to study. Try to switch between a few related subjects. (Like math and physics. Or vocabulary and literature.)

A few short study sessions scheduled over the course of a week will help you learn much more than a single super-long study session.

Zapping your brain with electric current will work wonders on your math skills.

(Oh right. I found that last fact here. Do I need to say don't try it at home?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Golden Eagle said...

Thanks for the tips!

I won't be trying the last one, though. :P

9:23 AM  
Blogger montana irregulars said...

doesn't smelling rose oil while you're studying and then before you go to sleep help too?? i think that was on of the kiki strike books, but i'm not sure

12:40 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

OH MY SQUEE THANK YOU...!

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hm. i read somewhere that doodling can help you remember things, but i'm not sure is it really works. i guess i have proof, though: i never study for tests but always do good on them. i've always been like that. and i've doodled during class constantly since second grade. (though now, instead of drawing pictures on my work, i use blank pages in my notebook of old math homeworks that i carry around folded up in my pocket.) you think it could be true?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Some Lost Melody said...

Haha I think I'll pass XD

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home